Disaster Resilience : A National Imperative.
|Authors and Corporations:||, , ,|
|Title:||Disaster Resilience : A National Imperative.|
|Type of Resource:||E-Book|
Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 2012.
Emergency management > United States.;Emergency management > Law and legislation > United States.;Disaster relief > United States.;Disaster relief > Law and legislation > United States.;Disasters > Law and legislation > United States.
Table of Contents:
- 1 The Nation's Agenda for Disaster Resilience
- 2 The Foundation for Building a Resilient Nation: Understanding, Managing, and Reducing Disaster Risks
- 3 Making the Case for Resilience Investments: The Scope of the Challenge
- 4 Measuring Progress Toward Resilience
- 5 Building Local Capacity and Accelerating Progress: Resilience from the Bottom Up
- 6 The Landscape of Resilience Policy-Resilience from the Top Down
- 7 Putting the Pieces Together: Linking Communities and Governance to Guide National Resilience
- 8 Building a More Resilient Nation: The Path Forward
- Appendix A: Committee and Staff Biographical Information
- Appendix B: Committee Meetings and Public Agendas
- Appendix C: Essential Hazard Monitoring Networks.